Forums

Forums (http://forum.tambura.com.hr/index.php)
-   English subforum (http://forum.tambura.com.hr/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Celo (http://forum.tambura.com.hr/showthread.php?t=497)

thecroat 27-03-2007 16:47

Celo

Hey everyone! I'd like to know what good celo makers are out there...I'm looking to buy a celo, I'm from Ontario Canada and I'll accept new and used offers....

circa_flex 23-05-2007 20:25

I heard theres good stuff in vojvodina:)...I think one of them goes by the name of Dusko or Dusan Rajkovic

thecroat 29-05-2007 14:39

thanks!.. still looking too..lol

circa_flex 31-05-2007 03:35

well...where are u in ontario...and looking for something specific?

thecroat 31-05-2007 21:12

well, I'm near Oakville....I'm looking for a good celo that would be played in large or small bands/tambura groups. Also one in fairly good shape......new or used...prefered new..but if it sounds great then I can sacrifice...

circa_flex 01-06-2007 22:36

ok...then talk to steve or branko I'm sure you know them. I'm here in mississauga.

thecroat 04-06-2007 13:23

lol..I do and I have.. they don't know specific people but they also said that the guys from vojvodina had some good stuff as well..

circa_flex 04-06-2007 23:40

:P :bonk: oh well then

thecroat 05-06-2007 13:21

Indeed :p lol...thanks though...

thecroat 06-05-2008 18:47

Alright..so I'm still in the market for a celo and will be in Croatia this summer again. Would anyone know contact info for jurkovic...franic..graditelji?

any help would be much appreciated :D

Hrvoje 07-05-2008 09:15

@thecroat - PEJIN from this forum is selling a čelo. http://www.forum.tambura.com.hr/showthread.php?t=1430 He lives in Sombor, Vojvodina. I don't know what kind of a čelo are you looking for. PozzSka bought a Đuretić čelo here in Croatia last summer and I was his "guide"... :D So if you'll stay in Zagreb we can meet and I'll show you around.

buky1 07-05-2008 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecroat (Post 42559)
Alright..so I'm still in the market for a celo and will be in Croatia this summer again. Would anyone know contact info for jurkovic...franic..graditelji?

any help would be much appreciated :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...screenshot.jpg

Evo broj od Jurkovića a usput si i taxi dobio ako neznaš kako doći do njega :krez: :top: Živio i sretno u kupovini!!!

PS: Ako neznaš pročitati nek ti netko prevede ( slabo divanim Engleški ) :)

thecroat 08-05-2008 00:27

@Hrvoje...oops..forgot to mention that I'm looking for a G celo and G brac. I'll be with the family when I go down and would have to talk to them about meeting up..but I'd be up for it if it's possible :D I'd like to get the deal don and over with..lol...

@buky1..Hvala za to! razumim Hrvatski ali samo moram vjezbat vise..lol (hope I said that right)

PozzSka 19-05-2008 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecroat (Post 42650)
@Hrvoje...oops..forgot to mention that I'm looking for a G celo and G brac. I'll be with the family when I go down and would have to talk to them about meeting up..but I'd be up for it if it's possible :D I'd like to get the deal don and over with..lol...

@buky1..Hvala za to! razumim Hrvatski ali samo moram vjezbat vise..lol (hope I said that right)

The celo I bought from Djuretic was originally tuned to G, I bought new strings and tuned it to A (making sure the tension was right as to not crush the face), but it should work with both tunings as long as the strings are right.

brun0 14-11-2008 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by PozzSka (Post 43347)
The celo I bought from Djuretic was originally tuned to G, I bought new strings and tuned it to A (making sure the tension was right as to not crush the face), but it should work with both tunings as long as the strings are right.

i want to do the same as you!
i have a G cello and i want to tune it to A

have 2 little problems:
1) i'm from Argentina so, first i'd need to know where to get them, prices, and also if i won't crush the instrument
2) for prim and brac i use electric guitar strings, good ones, and i was wondering if i could do the same with the cello and which are the strings i should use to play in A tune

thanks a lot!

cujemo se

brun0 17-11-2008 13:27

please, need some help!

longee 17-11-2008 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by brun0 (Post 56837)
i want to do the same as you!
i have a G cello and i want to tune it to A

have 2 little problems:
1) i'm from Argentina so, first i'd need to know where to get them, prices, and also if i won't crush the instrument
2) for prim and brac i use electric guitar strings, good ones, and i was wondering if i could do the same with the cello and which are the strings i should use to play in A tune

thanks a lot!

cujemo se

Howdy! :D
1. I think you can make deal with one of the major tambura strings producers, based on supplies for your orchestra(s). That's lot of money, I'm pretty sure some of them are willing to ship to Argentina ;) (perhaps Postonjski, he lives at Srebrnjak = Argentina :krez: ... joke... :bonk:)
2. I think this is not such a good idea, electric guitar strings and tambura strings are made from materials that differ significantly. Look on 1. :top:

Bye :)

brun0 17-11-2008 23:38

i know, the sound is quite different... but i have no choice, unless i order thousands of packages of strings (for other instruments too)
but i've appointed your suggest and found Postonjski's address xD

longee 18-11-2008 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by brun0 (Post 57147)
i know, the sound is quite different... but i have no choice, unless i order thousands of packages of strings (for other instruments too)
but i've appointed your suggest and found Postonjski's address xD

Remark on the Postonjski was a joke...
Nevertheless, you can contact any or all of them.

I think hundreds of packages would be sufficient :top:

PozzSka 25-11-2008 21:52

or try www.deligopicks.com owner's name is steve, he should ship to wherever you want.

Vremenska Zona je GMT +1. Trenutno je 22:13 sati.