View Single Post
Staro 14-11-2006, 08:00
Hrvoje Hrvoje je odsutan trenutno

Registriran: Dec 2005
Hrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzoHrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzo 116
Uobičajeno

Hiya imp and Tominellay and welcome to this forum and its growing English-speaking community. I'm really glad that you're all interested in participating in tambura-related discussions. I also hope that Croatian members will also join in and that we'll have some interesting topics to discuss.

Tominellay, interesting that you mentioned Julije Njikos since my orchestra had the honor to have him personally present the golden plaque we won at the festival in Osijek (state competition) and he made a speech about our orchestra and tambura history. It was really a great privilege to sit there on the stage and listen to that great composer speak about us and our playing. It really made me feel proud.

I didn't have the opportunity to hear or listen to that composition "Tri ruze".

Our orchestra also had quite a number of Djuretic tamburas, but now we have all kinds of tamburas (and "stims" G, D, A, E)...

I have a question for you American tamburasi about American-made tamburas, they're different from European-made ones... Do you know why? I never played an American tambura, but I can tell it's American when I see one... All the decorations, butterflies and stuff. It's kinda too tacky and kitsch for me, but hey, if someone likes that it's cool. I guess that tambura making and decorating took a different path in America when compared to tambura making in Europe (Croatia, Vojvodina).