Staro 06-12-2006, 18:56
Rudyk Rudyk je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Nov 2006
Rudyk je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Pozzska,

Yes his instruments are European style.
But like all instruments, try them before you buy, look for the "sweet" one.
And be aware of the width of the fret board and thickness of the neck. They can vary between makers...start to figure our what sizes work best for you.

As for picks, I have been using Delrin material. But it is very specific how to make them. This is a very hard plastic....used for many things...like gears in fishing rods.... also, probably used for the Delrin brand name guitar pick that has been around for years. I have found the thickness needs to be about 105 thousands for it be hard enough. The taper, length, and width all affect the playing ability. Once you get what works for you, be meticulous in always making them the same.

Delrin wears out very slowly, and does not give you burrs that you have to
keep sanding off. Night quite as bright sounding as horn...but close enough.

You can buy it in 1foot x 1foot sheets. I tried the .09375 thickness but that 10 thou makes a difference...buy thicker and sand down to 105-108 thou.
Or try the thinner if you want...i can tell the difference...but you may not.
Might cost you 10-$20 for 1x1. Cut with a hacksaw. Don't make your tapper at end too thin or it will come out sounding "Ticky".

The beauty of using this is you can make as many as you want and you can experiment until you find the size that works best for you. I used one length for over a year and then decided to try a little longer length ...so it was easy to make a new one...and now that is my new standard pick.