Go Back   Forums > forum.tambura.com.hr in English > English subforum

Opcije Teme Način Prikaza
Staro 27-09-2007, 19:46
PozzSka PozzSka je odsutan trenutno
Mlađi diskutant

Registriran: Nov 2006
PozzSka je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno Nase Tambure (Our Tambure)

Start a new thread for us English speaking folk (znam samo malo hrvatski), ali...

I said in the "general thread" I would post some pics of my new tambure...here they are...maybe everyone else can post pics of their tambure too...

Puno hvala na Hrvoje, I was able to find Majstor Djuretic iz Velika Gorica, and I bought a new celo, and a new brac, and a second brac za moja mama. These are my new instruments.

And then....with some good luck...Berde Band was playing in Youngstown, OH on my birthday, and I acquired a prim made by Mladen Jurkovic

I'm very pleased with all of my purchases....though my wife thinks I play too much...but she knew that going into it, so too bad

There you go guys and gals.
Staro 27-09-2007, 20:34
Hrvoje Hrvoje je odsutan trenutno

Registriran: Dec 2005
Hrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzoHrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzo 116
Uobičajeno

Hey, PozzSka! Nice to see you back on the forum... Nice pics, I'm glad that I could help you with your purchase... Now you only have to buy a good kontra and you're set.
Staro 29-09-2007, 00:53
ocvirek ocvirek je odsutan trenutno
Banned

Registriran: Feb 2007
ocvirek je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

hey, that's very nice prim,i tried it it! i have the same prim as your, but the most interseting thing is that they were maden in the same time!
jura is very good musician and tambura maker! have a good time with your tambura!
Staro 29-09-2007, 05:05
circa_flex circa_flex je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Jan 2007
circa_flex je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Nice tambure...any chance u coming to festival for eastern Canada/US. And I don wanna post my Katulic (LOL) every1 knows what that looks like but I am ordering a brac from jurkovic now...so when I get pics will post.
Staro 01-10-2007, 21:31
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

which festival are you talking about circa?

I did see a brac made by Jurkovic when I bough tmy prima, and it was amazing. Beautiful sound throughout the range, not boomy on the low end, but not muffled, and a beautiful finish, gorgeous instrument in every aspect.
Staro 01-10-2007, 21:31
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocvirek Vidi Post
hey, that's very nice prim,i tried it it! i have the same prim as your, but the most interseting thing is that they were maden in the same time!
jura is very good musician and tambura maker! have a good time with your tambura!
where did you try it, and when? You bought another one that looks the same, or was it a different finish? post a pic
Staro 01-10-2007, 21:36
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje Vidi Post
Hey, PozzSka! Nice to see you back on the forum... Nice pics, I'm glad that I could help you with your purchase... Now you only have to buy a good kontra and you're set.
That is true...i spent all of my money though.
Staro 01-10-2007, 22:45
MaRu MaRu je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Apr 2007
MaRu je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Well I guess there are worse ways to get rid of your money...
Staro 02-10-2007, 15:33
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

It was definitely well spent!
Staro 02-10-2007, 18:48
Diskutant

Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozzSka Vidi Post
which festival are you talking about circa?

I did see a brac made by Jurkovic when I bough tmy prima, and it was amazing. Beautiful sound throughout the range, not boomy on the low end, but not muffled, and a beautiful finish, gorgeous instrument in every aspect.
The one that savez holds every year around may...and for the brac was the sound deep on the low end...like more of a darker sound/deep (tamni) not pingy/treble (svijetli)?
Staro 03-10-2007, 19:39
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Jurkovicu basprima had a great sound, very warm tone on the low end (and throughout the range of the instrument), and very clear on the high end, but not tinny or piercing. Peter Kosovec was playing it, I was playing a Jurkovic prim, and Berde band was jamming with us after a concert of theirs.

I think anything would sound good with Berde band backing you up. :-)

If you've ordered a basprim from jurkovic, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Staro 03-10-2007, 22:46
Diskutant

Uobičajeno

nice...so where did u play with peter and berde band?

Last edited by circa_flex; 03-10-2007 at 22:48.
Staro 04-10-2007, 17:13
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Berde Band made an American tour sponsored by the Croatian Fraternal Union here in the USA, and they played in Youngstown, OH. I live about 45 minutes drive from there and we had been talking with Damir and Mario (they both speak English). Told them I was interested in a prim, and I knew Jura made instruments, so i asked if they had any and they did, so he showed me.

We were just trying out the instruments and the guys in the band said, "Sviraj nesto." So we played a couple songs...it was a good time.
Staro 04-10-2007, 18:27
Diskutant

Uobičajeno

Ya I can imagine...they were in mississauga croatian church mid-august but I missed it cuz I was in cro...but cro was still good anyway.
Staro 01-11-2007, 12:46
Branx Tambure! Branx Tambure! je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Jul 2007
Branx Tambure! je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno when we talk "Our tambure..."

Ok...when i viewed this forum...i thought that this was a forum for people who made their own tambure...my bad. But, since I'm here, i might as well say that i have taken the liberty to make my own. This year I made a A Brac from some old dimentions and sheer luck. But since i was making it in Australia without any replica or direction, the outcome was not to standards of that of a normal Brac...but i did manage to get the body tuned to D by fluke...the rest was very basic...nothing that great...but sounds farly nice for what it is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tambura top.JPG (24.7 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg tambura back.JPG (21.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg tambura side.JPG (22.2 KB, 118 views)
Staro 01-11-2007, 13:57
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

The bridge is crooked. ;-)

that scratch pad is quite unorthodox, do they all look like that in Australia?

Otherwise, congrats on your (first?) build. I plan on trying to make my own tambure in the future, but I just don't have time now. It will happen.
Staro 03-11-2007, 06:18
Branx Tambure! Branx Tambure! je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Jul 2007
Branx Tambure! je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno thanx for the comment...PozzSka

The fact is that i had no direction or replica of a real brac...seeing as i used banjo frets (17 frets in total !!!), having no idea on the position where the bracing should go, basically gluing (with aeroldite) the neck to the body...no grooving fro neck placement...but after all that...i still have a brac which is tuned to D. Thoiugh, i wish to saw the neck off, and start again with a maple neck

Now i have made my first instrument, i would like to go on and make more brac's and Prims...i will eventually be able to make all sorts of wierd an wondeful instruments in the future...but i'll stick to tambure...since its more common.

Also, I have made dimensions for both a 14 and 16 fret "A" brac...I was wondering...if anyone knew...the placement of the bracing on the top. I showed on my dimentions that the 14 fret brac's have 3 braces; 1 on the upper bout line; 2 "30 mm" equally paralell from the bridge...and the 16 fret has 2 braces; 1 on the upper bout line; 1 on the lower bout line. is any of this right?
Staro 03-11-2007, 13:31
Diskutant

Uobičajeno

very nice. how does it sound though?
Staro 04-11-2007, 19:49
Johnny Johnny je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: May 2007
Johnny je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno @PozzSka

Hi PozzSka!
What's the price that you've paid for that prim of M. Jurković? Of course, if it's not a secret!
Staro 05-11-2007, 14:37
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

It was one of his pro-level instruments and I paid $550 USD (a little under 3000Kn). It did however have a couple scratches on the back of the body from traveling with it, but nothing that effects the sound of the instrument (equal to what you would do with your shirt buttons after some time). I think his normal price is $600 USD (about 3200Kn).

@ Branx

I will look on the inside of my brac and let you know how many braces it has.

Opcije Teme
Način Prikaza

Pravila Postanja